If you have HLM6 installed, please check the help file in HLM 6. Recent additions to HLM 6 can be found in our HLM 6 online list of PDF files.
Changes made to HLM 6.01 in the service release (May 2005) are listed below.
- During the creation of residual files in the presence of missing data, some level-2 units were incorrectly deleted.
- Use of listwise deletion at runtime could cause a Ts dont match error message during graphing.
- When weighted analyses are performed with HLM 6.0, parts of the output file are not currently produced. This has been added in HLM 6.02
Changes made to HLM 6.00 (released October 2004) in this service release (April 2005) are listed below.
- All modules will be able to read up to SPSS 13 *.sav files.
- Various bug fixes, most graph related.
- Entry added to File menu so that users can save mixed models as well as hierarchical models.
- Addition of reliability and variance tables when weighting is specified (HLM2 and HLM3 modules).
- EM Laplace used for dichotomous outcome instead of Fisher scoring (HGLM models only; HLM2 and HLM3 modules).
Got problems with HLM 5? First check your version (see Help, About within HLM program), If it is not HLM5.05, please upgrade it first.
The HLM 5 FAQ online contains a list of error message and how to deal with it, and any new problems reported recently. This information is only available online, and not in the help file in HLM 5.
The biggest problem with the HLM 5 currently is the import of data produced by new releases of statistical software packages such as SPSS 12. For a workaround, please see the HLM 5 FAQ online.
We apologise for any inconvenience and/or frustration this problem may have caused. Should you have further problems, please feel free to contact technical support directly at email@example.com. Please provide the product version number and your software serial number/CD key, as this service is only available to registered users of software published by SSI.